Saturday 25 June 2016

Reliance Jio 4g Preview - User Experience

When it fell into my ears that Reliance Jio was offering a test access to its 4g network, I immediately signed up for it. I was to get unlimited internet data and unlimited voice and sms services for three months. But there was a catch – to avail the offer one has to buy a LYF branded smartphone. Now LYF phones starts from a minimum 3999 INR. If you buy a LYF phone, you can get the Jio sim for free. I got the wind 6 which cost me a 6500 rupees but I think that investment is decent for free unlimited internet access.

The activation process is simple and I got my sim activated within 3 days. And god! The internet speeds are blazing fast. My house is located a few kilometres away from the main town but the coverage was awesome. Jio network really needs to be appreciated for it’s the wide pan-India coverage.

Here are a screenshots of the speeds I got.





The speeds aren’t that consistent. They vary anywhere from 5 Mb/s to 80 Mb/s. You have to understand that the network is still under testing and have very less traffic in it. The real speeds of Jio network can only be calculated once it is commercially launch.
I believe that if Reliance Jio offers decent and affordable 4g data plans once it is launched, it can take over the market easily. I am enjoying my preview offer very much and I hope that this enjoyment stays even after launch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment